Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional visa
The Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (Provisional) (SESR) visa 494
The Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (Provisional) (SESR) visa 494 enables regional employers to address identified labour shortages within their region by sponsoring skilled workers where employers can’t source an appropriately skilled Australian worker.
Requirements for 494 visa:
- Age under 45 at time of application (exemptions apply)
- Competent English at time of application
- You must have been employed in the nominated occupation for at least 3 years on a full-time basis and at the skill level required for the nominated occupation. Generally, you should have gained your experience within the last 5 years. The period does not need to be continuous. Equivalent part-time work may be considered.
- You need a successful skills assessment at time of application
Benefits of the 494 visa:
- Can apply for permanent residence without a second nomination stage, if eligible, through the subclass 191 visa (commences 16 November 2022)
- Lower cost to employers with only one SAF levy stage for the subclass 494 nomination (compared to the two stages for the current subclass 482 to ENS subclass 186 permanent resident pathway)
Conditions and pathway to PR:
- Must live and work for 3 years on the 494 visa in regional areas to get Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) 191 Visa
- Can move between jobs but will have 90 days to find a new nominator
- Cannot apply for any other skilled PR or 820 partner visa for 3 years
- Eligible for Medicare on 494 visa – Health insurance not required
If you require assistance with your 494 visa application, book your initial consultation to speak to a legal professional now.