Child Visa (Subclass 802 and 101)
An Australian citizen/ Permanent Resident/Eligible New Zealand Citizen can sponsor you as his/ her child.
Once you get the Permanent Resident visa, you will get all the benefits for a Permanent Resident (such as social security, staying indefinitely in Australia, sponsoring your family visa to Australia…).
The requirement for child visa:
- You can apply in Australia or outside Australia.
- You must be under 25 years old.
- You must be a full time student if you are over 18 years old.
- You must not work full time if you are over 18 years old.
- You must not engage or marry anyone.
- You meet health and character criteria.
If you require assistance with your visa application, please book your initial consultation with us.
*** Case study:
Mr Peter is married to an Australian wife. He has just got his Permanent Partner visa grant today. He has a 19 year-old child, Sam, who is living overseas with his former wife. Sam is a full time student for his bachelor of Marketing degree. Sam has a girlfriend but on a casual basis only. Today, Mr Peter can apply to sponsor Sam to Australia on Child visa subclass 101.