Child Visa


Child Visa (Subclass 802 and 101) 

An Australian citizen/ Permanent Resident/Eligible New Zealand Citizen can sponsor you as his/ her child.

Once you get the Permanent Resident visa, you will get all the benefits for a Permanent Resident (such as social security, staying indefinitely in Australia, sponsoring your family visa to Australia…).

 The requirement for child visa:

  • You can apply in Australia or outside Australia.
  • You must be under 25 years old.
  • You must be a full time student if you are over 18 years old.
  • You must not work full time if you are over 18 years old.
  • You must not engage or marry anyone.
  • You meet health and character criteria. 

If you require assistance with your visa application, please book your initial consultation with us.

*** Case study:

Mr Peter is married to an Australian wife. He has just got his Permanent Partner visa grant today. He has a 19 year-old child, Sam, who is living overseas with his former wife. Sam is a full time student for his bachelor of Marketing degree. Sam has a girlfriend but on a casual basis only. Today, Mr Peter can apply to sponsor Sam to Australia on Child visa subclass 101.

Scroll to Top