Partner Visa

Partner Visa
(Subclass 100, 309, 801, 820)

An Australian Citizen/ Permanent Resident/ Eligible New Zealand Citizen can sponsor you as his/ her spouse or de facto partner (same sex or heterosex) . You will go through a two-stage process: temporary residency and permanent residency application. You can bring your dependent child to Australia with you in this application. You can even get the Permanent visa even if your relationship has broken down in some situations such as family violence or you have a mutual child with your sponsor.

 Once you get the Permanent Resident visa, you will get all the benefits for a Permanent Resident ( such as social security, staying indefinitely in Australia, sponsoring your family visa to Australia…).

The requirement for Partner visa:

  • You can apply in Australia or outside Australia.
  • You are the spouse or de facto partner of an Australian Citizen/ Permanent Resident/Eligible New Zealand Citizen. In a de facto relationship, you only need to stay with your sponsor for at least 12 months or obtain a registered relationship.
  • Your relationship is genuine and ongoing. You need to prepare strong evidence in support of this claim.
  • You meet health and character criteria.

Besides Partner visa, you can apply for a Prospective Partner Visa as the finance’ of an Australian Citizen/ Permanent Resident/ Eligible New Zealand Citizen.

If you require assistance with your visa application, please book your initial consultation with us.

*** Case study:

Mr Kan is a 30 year-old Australian citizen. He has been in relationship with Ms Linda, an Indian national, for two years when he is on a business trip to India. They have been sharing everything as a couple in India. This year, Mr Kan completes his routine in India and needs to go back to Australia. Mr Kan wants Ms Linda to relocate to Australia with him. Therefore, he decided to apply for a Partner visa subclass 309/100 for Ms Linda on a de facto basis.

Scroll to Top